Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Adventures of Speech class Part II


Where was I...Oh yes! Jenni made me feel so horrible because she had told me she wanted to do great on her speech and instead she choked. I felt so horrible! I wanted to take some of that embarrassment she was feeling or at least give her what I had gotten. But the hands of time cannot turn back so I told her, "Jen, you know I know this wasn't what you expected but we do have three more speeches to go! It's not the end of the world. I know it feels like that right now but next time you are going to do wonderful!" That didn't really help because all she said was, "That's easy for you to say, you did better than me!" I tried helping and if she doesn't want to listen to me than ehh what can I do? SO now jumping forward in time we in the week of the demonstrative speech! Our professor had informed us that we could use assistants if we needed to and Jen asked me to be her assistant. >.< WHY??? I said yes but I was nervous. She was doing her speech on how to where a scarf in three different ways. I had to learn the three different ways and be in time with her. At first she was getting frustrated because I was too slow, but once I got the hang of it we were now in sync! Now practice makes perfect. It's the day of her speech and I'm super nervous. First I'm nervous because I really want her to do well and second I'm nervous because I have to be in front of people. I made her practice with each time we got a chance, just to make sure she was comfortable with her speech and know that she had it memorized. I remember trying to practice in one of the aisle in the library. I could feel myself getting nervous because of my butterflies. As we were walking to our class, I tried to give Jen words of encouragement (I wanted them to work this time!) I told her I need to use the restroom and she should go put her name on the board ( it was a first come first basis). When I walked into the class, I'd seen that she wanted to go third! OH MY GOODNESS! Why would she want to go first!!! (I was having a flashback of the pervious speech). Is she okay with this? Is she comfortable enough? Did we practice enough? I didn't want to mess her up! I wanted to be like a wall, no one to notice me. Okay fine, it's her speech, if she wants to go then let her. The first people were pretty good, very interesting but all to quickly it was Jen's turn to go. She seemed so confident up there that I felt this was going to be great! Then she introduced me as her assistant. I felt so embarrassed I didn't want anyone to think that she needed me up there to get through her speech, so I tried to be like a moving statue. At first we went off on a good start. Jen and I were flowing and in sync. But then I started getting even more nervous! I can see as I did the step by step instructions as she said them, that my hands were shaking. I wondered if anyone can see this too? (Probably the front row...) Jen had to slow do a little bit for me to keep up with her. I felt so bad and I quickly got back into the flow. Finally it was over! Thank God I can sit down! Everyone clapped as we went to our seats (We are on the same boat). It was somewhat of a relief for me that I didn't have to be up there but I still had in the back of my mind that my speech was tomorrow. Jen, on the other hand, can now relax. (lucky her!) Part III will soon be on its way! Stay tune for more! ;)

 
P.S: Now I fixed it! ;) Sorry this was also an earlier post but I had to fix something >.<
I got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment