Thursday, March 7, 2013

Triplets huh

Hi, I'm Anissa, Anii for short because sometimes people have a hard time pronouncing my name. I like Italian food and long walks on the beach... just kidding >.< actually I don't like going to the beach that often. Hate being in a bathing suit (self conscious image) Most of the time the beach is crowded with people and my sandwiches taste like sand YUCK! I do like going to the beach when it's overcast with the sun playing hide and seek with the clouds. That's a perfect day! What do you think? My blog is going to be about my adventures as a triplet. And other triplets I've met. So far I've meet two other sets of triplets in my life time. Shocker huh! -_- Most of the time when someone learns I'm a triplet, it's a really shocker. I know it's not everyday people meet someone who is apart twins let alone a triplets. They say something along the lines of, "WHAT you're a TRIPLET! I didn't know that!" Then usually I say something (in a shy voice) like, "Yeah, I'm a triplet ." Or I just nod my head. Automatically they assume that we are all identical because that's the next question that frequently comes after. I imagine when people find out I'm a triplet, in their heads they imagine three of me running around somewhere. How crazy would that be?! Then I break the news that we are not. By this time people lose some interest in the fact that I'm a triplet. My guess is it's much more awesome to look the same which I completely agree. Often times I don't go out of my way to tell people that I'm a triplet because I think I don't like the attention that comes with it. Don't get me wrong I think it's cool I'm a triplet and the attention I get is not a lot but still if I can avoid the attention all together I rather not announce it to the world. The next questions I receive are, " What's it like being a triplet? Can you read each others minds?" "No we can't read each others minds." Then I proceed to think back to a time where I can read one of my siblings minds. "Mmm nope,nothing comes to mind. " Honestly I have no idea where this question come from. Maybe somewhere in the world a very small amount of twins and triplets can read each others minds but I have yet to meet one. I wouldn't like to read my brother and sister's  mind any who. God know what they are think and I believe it's vice versa. What ideas and thoughts you have are yours and yours only whether your a triplet, twin or none of the those. When people ask me what's it like being a triplet, I have no idea what to tell them. In my family I have an older brother then it's the three of us. My oldest brother is my best friend and it's kind of odd because technically I'm the "baby." So when I'm trying to answer this question, I tell people, "Imagine (if you have other brothers and sister) all of your sibling and you being born at the same time. That's what being a triplet is like." Now this point of view is coming from a girl who is a fraternal set of triplets. My fellow siblings and I don't look the same. If we were identical it would be a different story...I think. Everytime I see twins that look the same, I'm so amazed! I remember being in kindergarten with identical twins in my class. I didn't know I was a triplet at the time because my mind couldn't comprehend this idea. When I saw these twins in my mind I said to myself, "Why is there two of them?!" I thought it was the coolest thing in the world, still do. I have met triplets that are identical. They are the cutest things in the world because they all look like David Beckham. So CUTE! But that for another time. This the end of my first offical blog. Stay in tune for more :)

2 comments:

  1. Your post came up in google and being a triplet I had to comment on how this is how people react to me being a triplet :P never met any other triplets so never heard anyone share experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fellow triplets unite! Just kidding :)
      Are you guys identical of fraternal...I'm leaning towards fraternal, but you can never be to sure right? you get the same reactions too when people learn you are a triplet, I have a theory that twins or more do get these types of reactions. How do you feel about these reactions?

      Delete