Thursday, March 14, 2013

Today I took the bus with Josh. Usually the three of us don't do that because we have different schedules and times we go to school. It's a rare occurrence if we see each other in school because we are all busy accomplishing our own things. But today I decided to go to school around the same time he did because I needed to finish somethings before my classes started. On the bus Josh was telling me how some of the most wealthiest people didn't finish or graduate from college. I think it's ironic how he is telling me this while we are on our way to "college." When we first started college, Josh had this nonchalant attitude towards going. I think because he was growing tired of it.  Our mom even threatened him if he didn't go school, he had to get a  job and if he didn't have job in a month she was kicking him out. My mom is an advocate for education so he chose school reluctantly. Today he still has that same attitude but is more willing to go. He told me that he found it unappealing that he has to take classes he really doesn't need in order to take classes he does. He is an art major so he feels it unnecessary to take Math, English (these classes come easy to him anyway >.<) and other type of classes to do what he wants to do. He has this idea where if we just did the classes we need for our major, we can begin our careers in what ever we want sooner. This seems logical to me. It makes sense. But I told him that I think the reason we are forced to take classes we feel we don't need is to be a well-rounded person. I honestly believe that taking those classes will come in handy in the future. It may not seem like it now but they will. Those classes I think also give us an opportunity to learn what we really want to do, open new doors so to speak, shows you a new side of you. He just gave me this face that said, "You're already brainwashed -__-" Going back to what he was saying about the wealthy people, I also told him, " Maybe those people that became wealthy are wealthy because they did exactly what you said. They took all the classes they wanted or felt it unnecessary to go to college and started doing their own thing." My brother just looked at me like "Eureka!" My brother is probably going to be one of those wealthy people. He is going to quit college and start doing his artwork on a daily bases, open his own studio, then his own art gallery, and become famous. That's just type of thing that would happen to him. I remember coming to school with him on a Saturday last spring because he had his art final that day and I wanted to study. It was an all day class. Four hours later he came back to me and told me that he had to have his artwork done already but he didn't know that and had really nothing to present. So while in his class he had someone take a picture of him on his phone and he started drawing the photo. An hour or two later he was finished. His professor said, " This has a kind of quirkiness to it." My brother got an A on it. While Josh is telling me this, in my head I was telling myself, "Only you, this would only happen to you!" He's that type of person where things just come easy to him while others (me) have to work extra harder to achieve the same results. Life is simply not fair I tell you! But in a way I'm glad he has it easy, being an artist is hard enough. They are so hard on themselves to begin with. I asked him if he would be interested in helping me with my blog because he does animation as a little hobby. I think making short animations here and there would be a nice treat ;) Stay tune for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment