Saturday, June 29, 2013

Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

Hello everyone! Sorry I've not posted anything in what seems like a long time (well for me it seems that way >.<) Summer session start and I wish I had a longer break! lol but that's alright. I have paper due Monday and that's keeping me kind of busy. (Haven't started -.-) Lately at my casa, there seems to be a way wasps keep coming in! SO SCAREY! The first time my mom was washing dishes when there was one in front of her face! She started yelling and Josh came down un a panic! "WHAT'S WRONG MOM!" My mom was hiding in the bathroom! lol Josh was able to lure the wasp outside (has a way with animals and insects!) and that was that. This morning I was going to start on my paper (yeah right...) when I saw a wasp flying by our sliding door (The sliding door connects us from the kitchen to our back yard) And I'm like, WTF!!! MOM, GET TO THE BATHROOM! So both my mom and I were in the bathroom thinking of what to do. She bravely/ slowly went to the sliding door and opened it for the wasp to leave. After the wasp left I was search for a possible reason why it would be hanging around this old place. And we found the beginnings of a "hive" between the screen and sliding door ( there a gap there...duh huh lol) Anywho sadly enough (sorry wasp) we had to get ride of the hive. So we thought it was all done when our visitor came back again. Apparently it was looking for the home she made. I looked up what type of wasp it was and it was a mud dauber wasp. These wasp usually fly solo not in a swarm (Thank God!) and usually if you find a hive it is the doing of a single female wasp. (Yeah go ladies!) She got trapped between the sliding door and screen door. It was as if she was agitated and confused well because she left something there that was no longer there. I felt so bad because its like when we lose something we thought we left somewhere only to find that it's not there. After a few minutes of pacing back and forth and all around she left again. We put an anti bug spray so she wouldn't come back. (So cruel! I know!) I hope she finds a better place to live! I forgot to mention Jen is DEATHLY afraid of bees and that includes wasps! She has some sort of phobia or something because she runs away from them and starts yelling...loudly. I remember this one time when we were younger, she and I were in a swimming pool. You know how sometimes bees die in swimming pools...well I was holding one up because I wanted her to see it up close (We were like 8) My GOODNESS! She started scream so loud, it was funny and embarrassing. I will never connect what is up with that girl and bees :0
Sorry this post is SOOOO long! Stay tune for more! :)
P.S: I think the Blue Mud Dauber Wasp looks nice, has a pretty color >.<

photo
Mud Dauber Wasp by John -F

    photo
    Photo by NVBOB2


    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment